Wednesday, 9 April 2008

Aunty & the Crown Prince of Kelantan

"Kelantan Crown Prince Tengku Faris Petra said today that Malays had given into granting non-Malays citizenship and the latter should therefore not seek equality or special treatment."

extracted from Maverick's blogsite

PTUI!!!!

Ah sorry ah! That one - phlegm got stuck in throat.

Now just so I get it right.

The Malays had "given in" (obviously to the orang puteh) and granted my forefathers citizenship

So because of an "act of kindness" when my forefathers were granted citizenship, and by a twist of fate (that I am born a Malaysian) I should not expect nor should I be given equality nor special treatment?

Yeah. Bummer.
I am born of the wrong color, & definitely of the "wrong" faith.

But I promise you in my next life I will make a special request to the God(s) that be and asks to be born of the right color, to the right parents and with the right faith.

I will also make EXTRA special request that SOME other people be born into the wrong everything. (so watch out you are not on that request list of mine!)

Actually feeling magnanimous today (BIG word for me lah) I also get the part about "special treatment" because due to an extra SPECIAL treatment I and many non-Malays I know, I think this is how I (and they) became who we are today.

As far as I can remember, for all these years, like every good Chinese, Indian or Eurasian, I have stuck my head in the sand, and kept my nose clean and just carried on plodding.

But everytime I kept my head down, I am reminded of photos and filmclips of Holocaust victims.

I am reminded of Germans living near concentration camps who denied seeing or knowing anything and so they did nothing,

Even now, my family asks me why I am so kaypoh, "eat until so full and nothing to do ah?". Bloggers are trouble they say.

I blog because somewhere along the line I felt I have to do what I can..because if I can not be true to myself..who can I be true to?

That's why I blog. That's why I wish people who opens their mouths check with their brains first. Maybe I don't most of the time, but then I ain't no Tengku!

2 comments:

zorro said...

Aunty, not a squeak from the suddenly dumbo.The script was in Bahasa Malaysia and he used Kelantek dialect and confused all the reporters. He is under quarantine according to you paramour TV Smith.

GobloKing said...

shhh...don't tell tvs i have crush on him la!
u must be well..masih naughty!