Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Malaysia sends Kids off to Deathcamps?

Monkeys see Monkeys do.

I strongly believe one leads by example...NOT that I believe any of Boleh-lala-land's Cabinet Ministers believe in that one.

The day any of our VVVIPS send their kids off to NS (without any special treatment) is the day I will march off my "1st born” Lady and "2nd born" Ted.

I also believe one must use one’s own merchandise to attest to its quality. So if the Rotiman ain’t eating his own roti, I would say “Houston we have a problem here”.


Like, have you heard of the one where the Minister of Education has his kids – no I stand corrected - where ALL cabinet ministers have their kids - educated abroad.

If that’s not telling I dunno what is!

But when I think of the death trap for kids (now also known as the “NS”), I shudder!

No that’s incorrect.

I FREAK OUT!

I wouldn’t mind if my beloved god daughter or any of my nieces and nephews went only as a dose of muhibahism, for some good discipline and training. After all, that would be “character building” (or at least the Nazi in me believes so).

I am NOT a parent and I wonder how parents really feel when their kids are called up to a poorly run, badly administered NS sojourn. But as a parent, aunty, or grandparent, how can I bear to see my kids sent off - perhaps - to an “uncertain” death?


I mean it is not as if they would have sacrificed their life defending the country!

I can not imagine the grief of the parents whose kids have died in the NS.

I don’t even want to go there.

So all I can do is to support the initiatives of bloggers like Zorro Bernard to start a Forum on this “National Service”

Perhaps in bolehlala-land, National Service implies serving up your kids on a platter and sacrificing them up at the altar of incompetence and corruption.

My deepest & most heartfelt condolences go to the families of the 17 kids who died “serving” the “interests” of our country.

2 comments:

Letting the time pass me by said...

Something need to be done with the NS program... Is it not that every year there is a fatality in the camp?

Hopefully we could use the NS budget for better use, maybe to subsidize the farmers to plant padi....

Any death is a great loss.

zorro said...

Aunty, Rocky and I are of one mind. We have decided to postpone function to date when you and Uncle can be here. Let me know when and how long will you be here.