Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Raja Petra ROCKS

That's a Brave Man
That's a Man who - somehow - is Feared by Some
That's a Man who shows us what Nobility really is about

Yes. You can tell.
I am a Romantic Fool for high fangled Ideals.
(or as my Mama would put it "After Eating Rice, so full until don't know what to do?")

Yes. That's Me.

Raja Petra Kamarudin of Malaysia Today was charged under the Sedition Act. He refused to post Bail and asked for his day in Court.

So that got me wondering.

Firstly, what is "Sedition"? According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary

Sedition: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority

So here is my appeal. Can anyone please show me where it is and what it is RPK has written that has "incited" us to resist / or has called us to "insurrect against" the government?

So I just kept on reading and reading several articles from MT and went to the extent of plucking apart sentences and words from his article on "Send Altantunya's Murderers to Hell" in Malaysia Today

NO SIR. I report I found nothing.


NOTHING in his articles have incited (or excited) me to wrap a bandana around my forehead, put a sarong around my body and brandish my Swiss Army knife to topple the government.

Was I so stupid I could not find anything SEDITIOUS?

I dunno. But I must admit one thing the arrest of RPK has made me do

Now...SUDDENLY... I find myself paying more & closer attention to all the articles written in Malaysia Today.

I pray and wish for the well being of Raja Petra K and I wish I could be there to lend support to his beloved Family.

But you know what? I think you can't be the family of such an Extraordinary Gentleman if you were not Extraordinary yourself!

3 comments:

zorro said...

wAH, AUNTY....so far away and still making so much noise. But I like this type of noise....it is resonant with good sense. Tonite we hold the second vigil, this time at the place designated where you and I are supposed to dance al fresco. This will take place despite the fact that Marina is posting bail and RPK has no choice but to vacate his cell at Sungai Buloh Hilton. Miss you lah.

GobloKing said...

Ya! You don't wanna see me angry..as it is NOT attractive when not angry..can you picture me ANGRY????

I am always very angrified that when the shit hits the fan I can not be there to lend my support. See you in June Bernard!

20 Cent said...

Indeed, totally bullshit, isn't it? I read that article a couple of times, and I personally didn't read anything seditious about it.

It was a cry from a man, a father, who could empathise with the loss of another father.

Hell, I don't have to be a father to tell those bastards to burn in hell as well.