Thursday, 18 September 2008

Should bloggers...???

Are bloggers..
Journalists? Or are they just commentators of Society & Life?

Should Bloggers ..
Take a Stance in what they believe?

Should readers believe all that's written?

I read alot. Whenever there's enough bandwidth here. OFCOURSE I too jump on the bandwagon but mostly I write from my guts.

From what I see None of the bloggers are journalists..& they do not claim to be. Except for Malaysiakini or the main stream media as we know it ie The Star, NST etc..NONE of the bloggers (famous & otherwise) have ever stated they are Journalists.

From what is happening, even though I do not know Sheih of Kickdefella, RPK of Malaysiatoday, Teresa Kok ("saint of the common folks" says all my aunty & mummy friends), I WILL take a stance.

I do not condemn any bloggers for not taking a stance ie they just report the facts & wait for your comments

But I dedicate this poem to my fellow countrymen, a poem I remembered written in the 2rd World War "When they came.."

I have changed its words for those of you with a good dose of fairness & justice.

When they came for my neighbors, I kept silent
When they came for my friends, I kept silent
When they came for my brothers & sisters, I kept silent
And when they came for me, there was no one else to speak up for me

WILL YOU KEEP SILENT?

* The original poem:
When the Nazis came for the communists, I remained silent;I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats, I remained silent;I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out;I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews, I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.
When they came for me,there was no one left to speak out

2 comments:

zorro said...

Aunty Mad, you dont need to be a journalist to be a blogger. You need only to have the courage to TELL THE TRUTH. You need to look for a CAUSE and thruout stay the course for the CAUSE. The CAUSE could be a political party who espouses a CAUSE, but I need not be a card carrying member of that party with a cause. A blogger with this established agenda will write truthfully, without fear or favor. He will tighten the rein if the cause veers. He will get off that horse (cause)and walk the talk, if the cause keeps changing course. But above all, a blogger cannot be rabid. He cannot take the stand of "the cause, right or wrong. He must admit if he has erred. A blogger must not be OWNED. A blogger cannot be BOUGHT.
A blogger is valueless if he espouses a numerical value. He then has lost it; he then is nothing else but a sycophantic charlatan.

GobloKing said...

HEAR HEAR!!

Yes. When I err, I will admit it & ask for the indulgence of my readers

You know to who & what I am alluding. Was I that transparent? :)