I am not one for deep thinking. I'd rather do shallow thinking.
If thoughts were a swimming pool, I would still be lying on a deckchair.
But as usual, here I go again.
This time, my deckchair pondering is on Ethiopia. Look at this direct cut&paste from BBC on what Ethiopia's Government is doing
"The bill bans international non-governmental organisations (NGOs) from five sorts of activity:
• The advancement of human and democratic rights
• The promotion of equality between peoples, sexes or religions
• Campaigning for children's rights or the rights of the disabled
• Conflict resolution and reconciliation
• Work on criminal justice issues.
Are there some serious retards in this world or what?
Is this happening only in Ethiopia?
Does any of this sound familiar to you wherever you are?
Can someone point me to the passage in any holy text stating the inequality of sexes, peoples & religions is part of their religion?
Can someone tell me sane people think this way?
Did I hear you say that at least the Ethiopians ain't hiding behind any curtains to state the obvious?
Can you tell I ain't heading out to Ethiopia any time soon?
*photo from BBC Africa website