Monday, 8 June 2009

Rest in Eternal Peace

I deleted a piece I wrote on the sudden passing of my sister Shirley on 3rd June after a very short stay in hospital.

I couldn't post that piece but I got something off my chest just from writing. I won't be a hypocrite & say I griefed for her. I griefed for myself. For my unyielding stubborness & inability to let things be.
No matter how righteous I feel when she was alive,it was still her life.
And Death. Truly - Death is the only real equalizer of everyone

All I can do now is to honor the passing of Shirley who was a devoted Grandmother to the very end.

My condolences to Alan my dearest brother-in-law, Justin & Penny, Lorna & Terence, Lilian & Tommy, Nic, Jon, Clarisse, Alyssa, & Chloe.

May Shirley's soul find Peace & Happiness with Angels

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there
I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sun on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there
I did not die
by Mary Frye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless her soul !!

paranoidandroid said...

Dear Aunty

Deepest condolences on the loss of your sister Shirley.

Gregory