Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Back fr a Cold & Dreary Place

First of. When I reached the big M age in my life, I was actually looking forward to some of its much taunted side effects. Like HF (Hot Flushes). I am so thin-blooded, when the thermostat hits 25C, I am wearing a cashmere cardi.

What more when the weather hits <10c?>

I've always contended that if God had intended for me to live in a cold country, He would have given me more Hair..the ones on my upper lip not counting. Or a good old free HF.

No such luck. I was dressed like a Yeti; no. NOT quite like an immigrant from Poland, but close. Thank the Lord for my good Solid Wool coat, knee high boots, Geox shoes & Uniqlo. Uniqlo was my best friend there. I bought so much stuff (heatech stuff), the cute Jap boy assistant thought I was from Canada.

But this ain't to say I did not enjoy London. I did, whole heartedly. Only when I could force myself OUT of the house by 11am. I did the whole shebang.

Museum, galleries (good & free), shopping (not that free), sucking in the wonderful cakes from M&S cafe (talk to my butt) & the SHOWS (not at all cheap!).

Yes. Unc stayed back here so I was solo in LDN...with LDN having no idea it had suddenly become a more dangerous place.

And nothing deters a good campy Aunty from jumpin' up & singing loudly at the final song from "Jersey Boys" (story of Frankie Valli & the 4 Seasons - WHO?) with "Sherry Baby" & "Can't take my eyes off you"

If anyone thought I was loud at Jersey Boys, they shoulda seen me at "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" (WHOO??), the costumes (I want them!) & a whole BUS on stage (costing 1mil pounds) & songs like Girls just wanna have fun, Don't leave me that way, Shake yr groove things.

The Brits surrounding me were totally confused at this single ticket, meek-looking "little" (yeah..choke) Asian who suddenly leapt up & started swaying her tush AND SINGING LOUDLY with the cast to "I will Survive"

So. Yeah. Priscilla was my highlight. Beat British Museum. But for Uncle, my coming back was the best thing to happen since sliced bread. He had all his Xmas goodies to eat, and His Queen of F**king Everything (I bought a cup which says exactly this) was here to take care of a busted water tank which has damaged our plaster ceiling.

8 comments:

Crankster said...

sounds like you had fun though! :-)

GobloKing said...

ohhh..yes! my credit cards bills tell me I MUST have had some serious FUN!

Coach Online Outlet Store said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MAC Cosmetics said...

Thank you for your usefull information.I like this kind of post which tell us much wanderfull massage.

Paranoid Android said...

Auntieeee! Sorry, I have been busy and missed this post. OMG. You went to watch Priscilla, you lucky she devil. Tell me, were the costumes as kooky and campy as the ones in the movie with a giant stilleto slide and all?

You must have walked a lot in London. Don't worry about the M&S cakes. I am sure you are toned and fit by now!

I will not be around again until after Christmas... Till then, and early Christmas Greeting and a Healthy and Wonderful New Year filled with LOVE.

Ta's.

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel

zorro said...

Good of you to come back Penny...to blogsphere I mean. ou went AWOL for quite a spell,yah? Nearly ejected you from blogroll.

Anonymous said...

MIA again ? or c4-ed ( sorri) ????